So tour’s nearly here, and frankly, we’re excited. As always there’s still a lot of work to do in these short 2 days before we take off, but I just wanted to take a moment to fill everyone in on something new we’ll have with us.
We spent the majority of yesterday afternoon/evening at Jordan’s house assembling and hand packaging various things (mostly new, and pretty neat we think) into a packet of sorts, with hopes of selling these new things to you on tour. The best part about it of course, is that if you choose to purchase said things, your money is going to an incredible organization called 826michigan. Jordan’s talked about them before, but it’s good to mention again:
826michigan is a volunteer-driven non-profit writing and tutoring center that offers after-school tutoring, creative writing workshops, publishing opportunities, field trips, and in-class support to local schools, all free of charge. It is part of the 826 National network founded by writer Dave Eggers, with locations in Ann Arbor, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
It’s an honor to team up with them again for this tour.
Included in the packet:
– “Conversations” – an audio interview with Jordan about the stories and themes presented in Wildlife. The interview is also coupled with movements from Chad’s “Mixtapes” (which were ideas recorded on a dictaphone that would later shape some of the songs on Wildlife). Everything is open for interpretation by the listener, of course, but it does give a little more insight into the concept of the record.
– “Snapshots” – a zine of polaroids I’ve taken on various tours and studio sessions surrounding Wildlife.
– Screen printed poster designed by Mr. Adam Vass.
– 4 postcards: a Departure, a Letter, a Poem, a Broken Jar.
– The 826michigan OMNIBUS Vol. 2 – A fantastic and very unique collection of short stories and poems written collaboratively by 826michigan students. (Seriously, it’s awesome. There’s a story called A Shark Named Pistachio.)
– a select few will also include our “First Drafts + Sketches” zine.
There are only 150 of these packets, and when they’re gone, that’s it. $20 each. All proceeds go to 826michigan.
That’s all for now, thanks everyone.